I am a research staff member at IBM Research. I am working at the T. J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights. I did my Ph.D. at the Department of Computer Science at Iowa State University. I have worked as a Research Assistant at the Laboratory of Software Design. My supervisor was Dr. Hridesh Rajan. Also, I have worked as a research intern at Microsoft Research in Software Analysis and Intelligence (SAINTes) team with Dr. Nachi Nagappan, Dr. Vu Le, Dr. Sumit Gulwani, and Dr. Shuvendu Lahiri. My area of expertise is Deep Neural Network, Modularity, and Program Analysis.
* Rangeet Pan and Hridesh Rajan. Decomposing Convolutional Neural Networks into Reusable and Replaceable Modules, ICSE, 2022
* Giang Nguyen, Md.Johirul Islam, Rangeet Pan, and Hridesh Rajan. Manas: Mining Software Repositories to Assist AutoML, ICSE, 2022
* Rangeet Pan, Vu Le, Nachiappan Nagappan, Sumit Gulwani, Shuvendhu Lahiri, Mike Kaufman. Can Program Synthesis be Used to Learn Merge Conflict Resolutions? An Empirical Analysis, ICSE, 2021: [pre-print] [presentation video] [blog]
* Rangeet Pan, Hridesh Rajan. On Decomposing a Deep Neural Network into Modules, ESEC/FSE, 2020: 889-900 [paper]
* Rangeet Pan. Does Fixing Bug Increase Robustness in Deep Learning?, ICSE SRC, 2020: 146-148 [paper]
* Md Johirul Islam, Rangeet Pan, Hridesh Rajan. Repairing Deep Neural Networks: Fix Patterns and Challenges, ICSE, 2020: 1135-1146 [paper]
* Md Johirul Islam, Giang Nguyen, Rangeet Pan, Hridesh Rajan. A Comprehensive Study on Deep Learning Bug Characteristics, ESEC/FSE, 2019 : 510-520 [paper]
* Rangeet Pan. Static Deep Neural Network Analysis for Robustness, ESEC/FSE SRC, 2019: 1238-1240 [paper]
* June ‘22: Joined IBM Research as a research staff member.
* June ‘22: Defended my dissertation on decomposing deep learning models into modules.
* May ‘22: Attended and presented our works at ICSE’22.
* Aug ‘21: Our work on resolving merge conflict has been featured at Microsoft Research blog.
* July ‘21: Invited to present our ICSE’21 paper on merge conflict at UC Davis Computer Science seminar.
* June ‘21: Serving as a PC member of OOPSLA Artifact.
* May ‘21: Presented our paper on “Can Program Synthesis be Used to Learn Merge Conflict Resolutions? An Empirical Analysis” at ICSE 2021.
* May ‘21: Awarded “Research Excellence Award” by Department of Computer Science, Iowa State University for the works done during the Ph.D. program.
* May ‘21: Passed Ph.D. preliminary examination.
* Apr ‘21: Presented my research talk on “Characterizing Deep Neural Networks and Merge Conflicts” at Microsoft PROSE.
* Jan ‘21: Awarded SIGSOFT CAPS Funding Award for ICSE 2021 registration.
* Jan ‘21: Our paper on “Can Program Synthesis be Used to Learn Merge Conflict Resolutions? An Empirical Analysis” has been accepted at ICSE 2021.
* Jan ‘21: I will be serving as Shadow PC member at MSR 2021.
* Nov ‘20: ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished paper award at ESEC/FSE for “On Decomposing Deep Neural Networks into Modules”.
* Nov ‘20: Present our paper “On Decomposing Deep Neural Networks into Modules” at ESEC/FSE, 2020.
* May ‘20: Join Microsoft Research as a research intern.
* May ‘20: Won 2nd place at the ACM Student Research Competition, ICSE, 2020.
* May ‘20: Present SRC paper “Does Fixing Bug Increase Robustness in Deep Learning?”, ICSE, 2020.
* Dec ‘19: Our paper on “On Decomposing Deep Neural Networks into Modules” has been accepted at ESEC/FSE, 2020
* May ‘20: Won Robert Stewart Early Research Recognition Award, Iowa State University, 2020.
* Dec ‘19: Our paper on “Repairing Deep Neural Networks: Fix Patterns and Challenges” has been accepted at ICSE, 2020
* Aug ‘19: Present our paper on “A Comprehensive Study on Deep Learning Bug Characteristics” at ESEC/FSE, 2019, Estonia, Tallinn
* May ‘19: Our paper on “A Comprehensive Study on Deep Learning Bug Characteristics” has been accepted at ESEC/FSE, 2019
* Aug ‘18: Join Ph.D. program at the Department of Computer Science at Iowa State University
I am originally from Chandannagar, which is one of the two French colonies in India. I love to play with Lego and console games. Recently completed Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and now playing Horizon Zero Dawn.